TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - The tough part is the quality control.
People Seeking Info

Subject The tough part is the quality control.

Posted by BigTDogg (MA) on July 12, 2010 at 4:51 PM
  This message has been viewed 322 times.

In Reply To I think it was a great move on SZ's part posted by Antihero on July 12, 2010 at 04:28 PM

Message I'm all for great products being cheaper, nobody wants to spend more than they have to, but it's very VERY difficult to get quality products out of China, Taiwan or even Mexico. At least with Mexico they're significantly closer, and in the same time zone if issues come up. Problem is, in most cases, Mexico isn't a big enough cost savings over US made products.

To get the same quality and consistency out of a Chinese made part you negate any savings versus a US made part. Between shipping costs and man-hours spent trying to resolve issues, in many cases it's a no-win. Until you have multiple parts being made by a company and the initial start up costs are offset by the long term cost savings.

This is my professional experience.

"I'm glad I have the MSP mani's." - jschrauwen 22:20:13 06/10/08

"...Downpipes own. They own everything...anything...all there ever was and will be...they should be stock on all
cars. Screw the environment, emissions, noise! I love them...I shall name my first-born after them with glee..." -
SeedyRom 05:13:20 10/03/02

"i love the cock" - genic 22:20:47 09/25/03

"I hope you get fucked in the ass with a pringles can." - ni[X]it 14:53:53 02/02/06

"Either ignore him or beat him up. Anything else will be over his head." - Marshall 12:28:23 08/18/04

"i've got to the point where i can drive the Z at its limits and i want more" - shadowZ 16:29:56 08/31/04

"I was way more timid then than I am now about getting in there and yanking on things." - TT XTZ 13:30:34 07/25/05

"Just ran out to get some knee pads. I'm ready now... BRING.....IT.....ON... :-) " - Dave N 19:04:30 10/31/07

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.